Folkeaksjon i Canada for å samle inn penger til BLC

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/bladder-cancer-diagnostic-tool-1.5212057

The campaign currently sits around $100,000, as it rolls into a fundraising weekend. Lougheed has teamed up with Ionic Engineering and the Northern Cancer Foundation for the Sudbury Fitness Challenge as they push to raise enough money for the new bladder cancer technology.
Redigert 16.07.2019 kl 10:39 Du må logge inn for å svare
kreinh
16.07.2019 kl 10:46 415

The tool is called blue light cystoscopy.
"I asked my doctor right away about it and he explained a little bit more about it with me and I decided at that point in time we need one of these in Sudbury."
**The challenge for Lougheed, and for others with bladder cancer, is that Sudbury does not have such a tool. **
"They’re fairly rare across Canada," Lougheed said. "It’s something that’s been approved by Health Canada for quite some time now probably three to five years. But there’s probably only eight to 10 instruments across the country."
**Lougheed decided he would help lead the charge to get one in the city, and to raise awareness of the disease. **
The campaign currently sits around $100,000, as it rolls into a fundraising weekend. Lougheed has teamed up with Ionic Engineering and the Northern Cancer Foundation for the Sudbury Fitness Challenge as they push to raise enough money for the new bladder cancer technology.

Dette viser at oppmerksomheten blant folk er økende. Folk som får kreft googler.
De finner seg ikke lenger i en behandling som gir 20% større sjanse for døden

Bra! Viser definitivt at pasientene ikke finner seg i hva-som-helst.