Industri

Kommentatoren
11.04.2019 kl 21:58 2839

Tomra konsoliderer og styrker nærværet i Sør-Afrika. Under et lite utdrag, følg link for å lese mer.

TOMRA Food consolidates its leading position in the South African market

April 9, 2019

South Africa: market of strategic importance on the African Continent

TOMRA Food is a global leader in sensor-based sorting solutions with extensive international experience, running projects in more than 80 countries. The company has a well-established presence in the South African market, where it has been operating for more than 20 years, and is today the company’s main market on the African continent.

“South Africa offers a world of opportunities. The mechanization and automatization of the post-harvest processes is well underway in the country, and the challenge is now to keep the momentum. TOMRA Food’s advanced technology enables producers of fresh and processed foods to raise their quality levels. Its sensor-based sorting equipment can be used for a multitude of food applications, from fresh whole products to processed food. South Africa is spearheading the automatization process on the continent, and shows the benefits and the opportunities that machines such as TOMRA Food’s can bring to producers in other African countries,” adds Norman Smith.

The consumer trend towards healthy eating is boosting the global demand for nuts, and South Africa is among the world’s biggest exporters. A recent boom in demand for macadamias has created new opportunities, which South Africa’s agriculture industry has taken up, with plantings having tripled in the years from 2013 to 2016 and industry projections forecasting a 40% increase of NIS by 2020. “For the South African producers to take full advantage of this growing market, a high processing capacity and product quality will be essential, and TOMRA Food offers the best equipment for them,” explains Norman Smith.

https://www.farmersreviewafrica.com/agribusiness/processing/2019/04/09/tomra-food-consolidates-its-leading-position-in-the-south-african-market/

I Storbritannia har Tong Engineering utviklet et potetsorteringssystem for potetprodusenten B&C Farming som trengte noe nytt, bedre og ikke minst noe mer effektivt, for å erstatte sitt 29 år gamle, utdaterte system. Som dere kan lese har Tong Engineering integrert Tomra FPS (field potato sorter) i systemet. Antar jo at Tong Engineering her har valgt Tomra FPS fordi man med det mener man integrerer den beste sorteringsteknolgien som er tilgjengelig i markedet i sitt system.

Custom-built facility designed for British contract farmer and potato grower

BY LUKIE PIETERSE ON APRIL 10, 2019

Tong Engineering has designed a custom-built seed potato grading facility for B&C Farming – a Norfolk-based contract farmer and potato grower in the UK – taking into account the latter’s current and future requirements.

B&C Farming has been using a custom grading line from Pearl Engineering for no less than 29 years and needed to upgrade to newer, more efficient equipment.

Since reduction of labor costs was a key objective in the specification of the new line, Tong implemented a side-eject box tipper that feeds the crop into the line.

“It is a fine line between keeping the forklift drivers busy, and them being too rushed, risking accidents or causing the line to stop and wait for the crops. The side-eject box tipper not only reduces forklift movement, allowing us to cut the number of forklifts required for grading, but it also ensures a continuous flow of crop onto the grading line,” saysTony Bambridge, managing director at B&C Farming.

Labor requirements at the crop cleaning and grading section of the line have also been taken into consideration.

“Taking care of the complete grading system from start to finish, Tong integrated the Tomra FPS (field potato sorter) into the line for automatic detection of stones and clod in the unwashed crop. With this removal of debris now being performed automatically, inspection staff can now focus on grading for quality of the potatoes, with size-grading took care of by Tong’s EasyGrade screen grading modules.

“Inspection staff are now in a fully-insulated, heated and sound-proofed cabin, allowing for much more pleasant inspection conditions,” Bambridge says.

https://potatonewstoday.com/2019/04/10/custom-built-facility-designed-for-british-contract-farmer-and-potato-grower/

Rapportér innlegg

Vennligst skriv inn kommentar på hva du mener er upassende og trykk send. Dersom kommentar ikke er nødvendig, vennligst trykk send direkte.
E-postadressen brukes kun for å få kontakt med deg i forbindelse med advarselen.
E-postadressen brukes kun for å få kontakt med deg i forbindelse med advarselen.