Tilbake til: Shipping
Innlegg av: Sonatrach (10.10.17 13:27 ), lest 2219 ganger
Ticker: FLNG
Endret: 10.10.17 14:17

FLEX LNG - LNG Markedet OKTOBER+

La oss starte en frisk LNG markedstråd slik at vi slipper å kave oss gjennom 120 meldinger.

Iflg Braemar er det kun 9 skip åpne fra i dag og frem til 13 November. 5 av dem prompt. Kun 1 skip (Awilco) i atlantic.

Med et snitt på 5-10 fixtures i uken og plenty FOB cargoes for salg ser dette mildest talt lyst ut!

Vi begynner med en oppdattering fra Arctic i dag som reflekterer markedet veldig bra.

LNG: Prices in Asia rise on the back of strong demand growth in China and South Korea – The sentiment in LNG shipping is firming as we approach peak winter gas demand in the main importing gas regions.

Gas prices in Asia is continuing to pick up with gas delivered to the Far East currently trading at USD 8.6/MMBTU vs 5.7/MMBTU in the beginning of July.

Gas trade in the first half of 2017 rose ~12% from the same period in 2016 as 11 million tonnes of new liquefaction capacity commenced operations.

With 34 million tonnes of additional liquefaction capacity expected to be launched this year, trade growth is expected to continue its YoY growth in the second half of 2017.

Japan, the world’s largest importer of LNG, has increased imports by 7% in the first 8 months of 2017. During the same period, South Korea and China have boosted their imports by 22% and 44%, respectively, as both major LNG buyers have put on their environmental hat in order to fight pollution.

Demand growth in key importing countries, which is reflected by rising Asian gas prices, is important for overall LNG trade growth, but the key determinant for the industry growth going forward is liquefaction projects ramping up production according to schedule.

With a large wave of capacity expected to start production in the coming years, mainly in the US and Australia, we see increasing demand for LNG carriers.

Rates have started climbing from record lows (+ ~50% in four months), and we believe this shows the early days of a long recovery.

Rates are bound to continue north as owners reportedly are pushing charterers for higher rates and better voyage economics, further helped by a favorable seasonal pattern, with Q4 shipping rates being 20% higher on average vs Q2 in the previous years.